--- Marc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I must agree wit you about most of what you have to say
> Civileme was a big loss to the Mandrake community.I shure
> miss him. It was GREAT to have a true linux guru around to
> help out and he also had a good personality and skills for
> organising.
>    On the flip side think of it from Jaques point of view,
> hundreds of great skilled people and about half of them have
> to go. Just not enough money in the check book to pay
> them all. That must of left him with a lot of hard decisions to
> make in a no win situation. He was forced to let good people
> go or else not have the money to continue on at all. Talk
> about having a bad week!!  And then getting hundreds of
> emails from all over telling him he was making the wrong
> decision.  Was there really a right decision that could have
> been made?  I must admit that after a week like that I may
> have gotten a bit rough around the edges myself.
>   Civileme did ask the folks on this list not to contact
> Mandrake to push the issue. Perhaps he had a deeper
> understanding of what was going on at Mandrake than most
> of us.
>    I wonder what ever happened to Cvileme.
>
>    I hope he is doing allright.
>
>    I am shure he is 1 mandrake employee that will be missed
> by all of us. Darn good computer skills and a very nice
> person in general.
>
>    Has anyone heard from him?
>
>    I hope one of these days he drops a line to the list just to
> say hi if nothing else.
>
>     Marc

Marc,

I hope I'm not taking too many liberties with this, but maybe it will turn into a
job opportunity for Civileme. The last time I spoke with him was on Dec 17, he's
still looking for work.  He stated that he might be willing to return to Mandrake
software development in order to finish testing the update software and the
"install any program with a click" software.  From what I've heard, the LM90
rpmdrake could really benefit from his expertise.

He says he's got a connection now that won't handle list level traffic.

--LX