Hi All,

I have toyed with Mandrake in the past but never really got it working 100%.
Always had little issues that I couldn't iron out. Now I am back to give it
another go. I want to install it into a Windows directory first to see if I
can get it up and running before I tackle the partitioning thing (One of my
earlier attempts resulted in wiping everything out, I would like to skip
that step this time around).

I toyed with actually buying a comp from WalMart with Mandrake preinstalled
but I want to do it myself. The Computer I have now is "suppose" to be fully
Linux compatible (famous last words). When I bought it, I stressed that
point because I knew I wanted to try again.

I just downloaded the newest version and burned it to disk (btw, what is the
difference between Mandrake Standard and the download version?). I then
booted to the CD and hit "F1" then typed in "lnx4win". It told me no image
was found. Did they drop that option in version 9? Or did I do something
wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Russ