Did any of you guys have trouble installing transcode?  It seems that this is
a requirement for dvd::rip and many others but I'm finding that transcode has
a lot of requirements that aren't on my system.  I'm looking at installing
like 20 diffenent things here or maybe more.  Is there an easier way?

There ought to be a way to tell the installer to go get whatever it thinks it
needs and then install everything.