Hi,

I tried to install an RPM package, using the graphical RPM tool inside the
KDE desktop.

The package seemed to install ( it was the Linux HOWTO package), but when I
look for the files in the expected directory, they were not there.

I then dropped back down to a command line and did an RPM -i filename, just
to be told that the package was already installed.  So then I RPM -i --force
filename, and then the package installed and the files were where I expected
them to be.

Did I miss an option somewhere in the graphical RPM tool?

Regards
Mark