Erik Farnsworth wrote:
On Tue, 2002-12-24 at 14:12, Robin Turner wrote:

<snip>

http://members.fortunecity.com/pcmuseum/windows.htm - the rest of the site is pretty interesting too.)
Though I noticed there is a shameless plug for Lindows at the bottom of the page!

And anyone remembering Windows 3.0, should also remember GPFs.  They
were the main feature of the new desktop BG ripped off from Apple's
Macintosh.  Too bad his developers didn't write the code for Windows 3.0
as well as they did the code for the Mac desktop. Also, anyone who
remembers Windows 3.0 probably won't use 'intuitive' in a sentence
describing it, either....ROFLWTIME....
Speaking of intuition ...

One of my colleagues worked in a publishing house back in the 1980s. When they switched from DOS to Windows, many employees complained that they had to use this weird mouse thingy. "Why can't we just type the name of the program?" they cried. Similarly, as late as 1992, I spent ages teaching our school secretary how to use Windows 3.1 - I actually had to put her hand on the mouse, put my hand over her hand, and move it around. If any one had walked in, it would have been really embarrassing.

Sir Robin

--
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University