On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 07:05, Spencer wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:47:07 -0800 (PST)
>
> Andre Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Gang:
> > I'm trying to install Linux 7.1 on an old PC in my
> > office, (128 M of RAM; don't remember how much hard
> > drive space I have butI think it's at least 4G), but
> > it keeps hanging at the point where it's supposed to
> > be configuring the IDE. Any idea why this is
> > happening? Is there a fix?
> >
> > HEEEEEEEELP!!!
> >
> > Andre---
>
> Is that a Pentium or a 486?
>
> Spence

I installed and currently have running 7.1 on a P100S with 4G HD.
I had to do a text install and try a few times before i got it right. Don't
mess with the partition table too much or you may fsck it. At one stage i had
to remove all partitions then DOS FDISK a FAT32 partitions covering the whole
disk to reset the partition table to something acceptable. A well thought out
install then worked fine.

Only other major i had with 7.1 is fixing up the logrotate script
file:/etc/logrotate.d/syslog. If you don't know about this, e-mail the list
when you are ready.

--
Michael