I have but you have gotten farther than me even. I have an external USB flash card reader that Mandrake doesn't even notice I have plugged in despite it supposedly being supported on 2.4+ kernels. Some users on list expert have helped with my fstab entries and now I can see the device in Kwikdisk (and usbview) but when I try and mount it I get the same error as you except mine says /dev/sda1 does not exist. I have done some serious reading up on hotplug and tried a myriad of solutions including transitmount with no success. I am getting very frustrated because I feel so close but nonetheless I am certain I will get it going eventually.

Regards,

Jason Greenwood

Rob Lindsay wrote:

I have a Nikon 995 which downloads through the usb interface.
I am having a lot of trouble with mounting working intermittently.

There are times when I get a dialogue saying that /dev/sda1 cannot be found.

My only way around this is to go into fstab as root through nano or somesuch editor and make a minor spacing change, save and then the ability to mount the camera returns.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Is there a solution?

Rob