-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jason
Sent: Tuesday, 31 December 2002 4:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] help with installing external USB CD-burner needed

Kudzu is not longer in Mandrake....that was a RedHat config tool and is
now not compatible sice the advent of the Mandrake config tools...

Cheers

Jason

PS, it's too bad in a way because in some things Kudzu is
superior...like detecting hardware changes on boot etc.

Nothing to stop you getting it off the web and installing it. Kudzu allowed me to demonstrate the power of Linux to a friend who'd just sold me a new graphics card. We booted up in Linux first, kudzu found the card, drivers installed with minimum fuss, everything up and running by the time we got into X. In Windows, it was all this "Windows has found new hardware and is detecting the drivers for it ... Oh dear, Windows hasn't found the drivers, so it will give you a grainy screen while you search the web for the drivers ... To install these drivers, you need to restart your computer, we don't know why, but we think it's character-forming."

Sir Robin

--
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University