On Friday 27 December 2002 03:23 pm, erylon hines wrote:

> O.K., this is the step-by-step that I used (I know it actually works
> "sometimes", because users have done this successfully).
>
> 1.  Boot with the install disk and hit F1 at the splash screen
>
> 2.  type:        expert
>
> 3.  Skip the modules screen and select:    AIC7xxx_old
>     for your scsi driver.
>
> Good Luck--I hope it works for you!
>
> e.

Well, since I posted this, my ever-so-lovely wife bought me a Soyo Dragon Plus
MB for Christmas (I'm still bowing at her feet!) and 9.0 installed on it with
all my SCSI stuff just fine. Go figure - guess it just didn't like SCSI with
my Shuttle motherboard.

Thanks for the reply though - I've saved your reply in case I ever add some
SCSI stuff back to that Shuttle MB with 9.0...

See ya!

PS Wish I had gotten your message before I switched - out of curiosity I'd
kinda like to know if that would have fixed the problem. :-)

--

                                                                 /\
                                                        Dark< >Lord