Simple and to the point here.  After initial install of Linux-Mandrake,
Telnet worked fine.  However, after updating it via Mandrake-Updates, it
appears broken and won't provide a user login and password screen...
only tells me that the escape character is ^]  Why would I need an
escape character when the updated telnet doesn't provide me something to
escape from? (Forgive me for humor... but it's a good way of maintaining
your sanity!)

Anyone got a clue as to what got changed, which causes Telnet to do
something like this?  What am I missing???

Thanks in Advance

Kurt