Jody Cleveland said:
> Hello all,
>
> Well, I took the plunge and installed Mandrake 9. So far, I'm very
> impressed with it. I like it quite a bit better than Redhat 8. Any way,
> I'm trying to setup my DSL connection. No matter what I do, it says it's
> unable to connect, and to check my configuration. I dual boot with
> Mandrake 9 and Windows XP. I tried to match up everything exactly as it
> is in Windows, but it just won't connect. Is there a setting that needs
> to be set within the network setup?
>
> Setup:
> Mandrake 9
> Linksys network card
> Belkin Router
> Dual-boot with XP
>
> -Jody Cleveland

Jody, does your system even see your network card?  Can you ping the
loopback address, or manually assign it an ip and ping it?  I'm not
familiar with the belkin, but if it's like the Linksys firewall router I
use at home, can you ping the default gateway address on it?  Need a
little more information to determine what exactly is happening here.

Anthony