From: Steve Philp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> You'll probably need NetBEUI on the clients if you're going to be
> running Samba on the Linux server.  If you're not interested in Samba,
> you could stick with straight TCP/IP for all machines.

    How so?  Samba doesn't replace NetBEUI, it replaces a WinNT server.  The
SMB protocol works just fine over tcp/ip.  Admittedly, I haven't done a
_lot_ of work with it, but I'm able to share files and printers between my
Linux, Win98, and WinNT boxes, using Samba over tcp/ip, without any trouble.
The only value I see in NetBEUI is that you don't have to assign addresses,
but that's not a big deal in a small LAN.