At 12:10 AM 1/4/2003 +0100, you wrote:

HI there Heather,

Maybe due to the fact that it got remounted during the boot? Although I
can't say it for sure, not could I explain the reason why it would, but
in the past (when I still had windows) my fat32 was skrewed due to
window$ ME, and it did strange things. Win ME is known for corrupting
(or should I say doing something unorthodox) it's own partition
sometimes. Also, I don't really think the fact of your boyfriend having
a 1.7gh/z would make much difference to let's say a 300mh/z computer, as
the data is processed fast enough by xmms, just the disk access is slow
(accessing and reading the files), especially from a win32 system
(imho).

Glad it's working though.

Greetings
Ralph
Hi Ralph
Ya I don't understand it either. And to make things fun I hosed the damn system last night :) Reinstall Queen strikes again, reads the new Linux Tabloid (aptly named "*Nix Kicks!")... sigh

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert