----- Original Message -----
From: Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:12:52 +0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Konqueror and javascript

>>snip>>
> There's something very odd about the whole subject.  I appear to have exactly
> the opposite of you - javascript sites work fine in Konqueror but not in
> Mozilla or Galeon - or at least some forms of javascript.  Similarly with the
> fonts problem - most of the time I get kde-type font display, but sometimes
> get the ugly gnome-type display - even in the same circumstances, like, for
> instance, opening File Manager SuperUser.
--Anne
Hi Anne, just to pass along something I recently "discovered" concerning Konq as File
Manager in SuperUser mode.
The fonts that were being displayed were ugly, not the nice fonts I have in user mode,
so I decided to try changing the font settings while in SU mode.

That's what has to be done. The font settings were default in SU mode! They require
separate adjustment. After I set the fonts for Konq File Manager while SU, things look
a lot better now. :-)

HTH for one of your points.
All the best to you.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber