Yes, and for the English speakers on the list, go into kppp>setup>Modem and untick where it says wait for dialtone before dialing.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Jason

Pilagá wrote:

El Sáb 04 Ene 2003 15:17, Josenildo Marques escribió:

Hello !

I have just installed LM 9 on a new computer. The installation ras
smoothly, except for the modem. I downloaded a driver from

http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/dists/mandrake/

The kernel is 2.4.19.16mdk. The package I downloaded was

ltmodem-kv_2.4.19_16mdk-8.26a9-1.i586.rpm

Kppp finds the modem, says it is dialing the number and then says 'no
dialtone'.

Any help appreciated.

I'll send more info if needed.

Thank you very much.

JM

Hola, Josenildo. En kppp>config>modem, ¿está marcada la casilla: 'Esperar el tono antes de marcar'?

Suerte.
Pilagá