On Sunday 05 Jan 2003 6:47 pm, Graham Pohle wrote:
> I've got Mandrake 9.0 installed and I'm trying install and run Scanssh.
> Now with this Program I got to the ./configure stage and it requires
> libpcap to install and run. So I downloaded libpcap-0.7.1.tar.gz and got
> that to the configure stage and this is what it told me
> After typing in
> # ./configure
> creating cache ./configure.cache
> checking host system type.....i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking target system type...i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking building system type....i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking for gcc......no
> checking for cc.......no
> configure:error:no acceptable cc found in $PATH
> QUESTION: Does anyone know what I require to get this program up and
> runnng....gcc & ...cc what are these? arguments? options? programs? if
> anyone can shed some light on this connundrum for me soon, I'll still
> have some hair left.
> PC.Special thanks to Todd,your info open up heaps of doors.

I think this is where I make my twice weekly post about how many useful
applications like scanssh are in the online 'Contrib' folder as rpms, and if
you declare Contrib to be a urpmi source you can install them and all their
dependencies at once.

This post shows you
howhttp://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/msg108964.html

derek