On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 02:46, Jerry wrote:
> I've noticed that a few apps' windows in mandrake don't fit on my screen
> example:  the startup screen for linuxconf.
> I've not found a way to fix this either... i think it's just an issue of the program
>itself not drawing the window to fit on the desktop properly.
>

> On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 07:49:39 -0600
> Tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > My windows on KDE or GNOME are too large for the screen.  I have tried every
>resolution setting but it does not fix the problem.  I have searched documentation
>and still did not see a fix to this.  I am sure it is a simple setting that I am
>overlooking but I cannot find it.  In a WinBLows system changing the resolution to a
>higher setting fixes this problem.  But it does not on my Mandrake 9.0 machine.

Alot of this has to do with "widget size" - which is dependent on font
size. If you use, say, fonts of weight 10, a screen size of say
1024x768, everything should fit comfortably on your display (should -
SHOULD). Experimenting with font sizes and screen resolutions is the way
to find your happy medium.

I personally can't live in a world less than 1600x1200 - but then again,
I've got a huge monitor...

--

kuhn media australia - kma.0catch.com

QOTD:
        "Unlucky?  If I bought a pumpkin farm, they'd cancel Halloween."