On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 9:39 am, Milos Prudek wrote:
> Kesav Tadimeti wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Someone (Sir Robin I believe) said that V8.1 was bad and 8.2 was
> > Mandrake's best release yet. Mandrake Linux 9.0 didn't receive a
> > favorable review from OS news .com. Is it better to wait for 9.1 or go
> > ahead for 9.0? And how do I
>
> I am a former Red Hat user. I used Red Hat on my desktop since 1999.
>
> Mandrake 9.0 is my first Mandrake. It is very good indeed, and I have
> found no show stoppers or major problems with Mandrake 9.

For some of us 9.0 is brilliant, for others a disaster.  It appears that it
depends very much on your personal mix of hardware (and possibly software).
If you have room for both I would suggest keeping what you have got and
installing 9.0.  You can keep all the old partitions, just mount them under
different names if you want to mount them at all.  (I mounted 8.2's /home as
/oldhome, so that it would be easy to check any config files etc.)  If yours
turns out to be one of the machines where 9.0 doesn't work well you can zap
it and install 8.2 instead.

Just my 2p worth, based on my experience.

Anne