Hi Anne,

man slocate tells me:

SLOCATE(1)                                             SLOCATE(1)

NAME
       slocate - Security Enhanced version of the GNU Locate

man locate tells me the very same thing. (mdk 8.2) So there should not be
much of a difference, I think...

Greetings
Paul

--
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
-Lao Tsu

http://nlpagan.net - OS:Linux Mandrake 8.2 - E-mail:Sylpheed 0.8.8