Title: RE: [newbie] Mandrake Update is stuck on one lame mirror

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of James
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 6:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Mandrake Update is stuck on one lame mirror

Somehow, after I selected a mirror to use for Mandrake Update, it is now
the ONLY mirror I can get.. and more than half the time I can't download
files because it says it can't resolve host.  How to I reconfigure
rpmdrake to look for another host??

And why isn't this a selection onr rpmdrake when I right click?

Thanks for any help.

james

James, if you open Mandrake Control Center and choose the Software option you will see a icon for updating mirrors. They have separated the install-uninstall-mirrorselection into separate interfaces. You can add another mirror there or delete one. I am not real fond of it but it works. HTH Dennis M.