Title: RE: [newbie] error during packages installation

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of ivette brusselmans
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 1:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] error during packages installation

Yes, tried this, no result. slocate man-pages neither. only slocate man
gives results

<snip>

>installed security updates. It went fine till cups-common had to be
>installed. Then a X window appeared telling me there was an error during
>packages installation:
>
>file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/backend.1.bz2 from install of
>cups-common-1.1.1.-1.1mdk conflicts with file from package
>man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9mdk
>
>and more or less thirty other conflicting files, all from
>cups-common-1.1.18-1.1mdk and all conflicting with "file from package
>man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9mdk".
>Tried to find this package man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9mdk to delete it because I
>don't need french and I just installed it for fun with four other
>languages,
>
>but to no avail.
>
>any ideas?
>
>How can I get rid of french, get it completely out of my system? Hope it's
>only the french version that gives me problems, because I also installed
>spanish and italian.
>
>Thanks
>
>Did you try from a console and su by typing "slocate man-pages-fr*" ?  see
>if that picks it up. HTH Dennis M.

Ok, try from a su console "whereis man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9" and then "which man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9" and see if one of those queries doesn't get it's location for you.  Dennis M.