I am using mandrake 9.0 as well and aumix is installed even
I can not find it in rpmdrake either.

check wether it is installed and doesn't show up in your menu:
> rpm -qa | grep aumix
should return the rpm package name in case it is installed on
your system.....or just try to start it from your shell by typing
>aumix

in case it is not installed....you can try to find an rpm package
at http://rpmseek.com ...just make sure you download the package
created for mandrake....after you have downloaded the file, you
can install it by typing
> rpm -Uvh "your-package-file"

hope it helps...