On Monday January 13 2003 02:51 pm, ivette brusselmans wrote:
> installed codec32 in usr/lib/w32codec-0.90.
> mplayer-0.90rc2-1.i386.rpm
> mplayer-common-0.90rc2-1.i386.rpm
> mplayer-font-iso1-1.0-2.noarch.rpm
> mplayer-gui-0.90rc2-1.i386.rpm
> mplayer-skin-default-1.5-1.noarch.rpm
> libpng2-1.0.12-2.1mdk.i586.rpm
> These rpms were installed automatically to different directories by
> Kpackage (guess these are the right locations).
> still keep getting message
> "no plug-in for application x-Mplayer2, do you want to download
> from microsoft etc."
> Forgot to install something?

    Well why you used those mplayer rpms instead of Mandrake and/or
PLF ones is one question. Why your codecs aren't in /usr/lib/win32/
is another.

   I just saw this on the mplayer list ...
 http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/      I d/l'd it but haven't
installed it yet.  Instructions are to put the plugin in
mozilla/plugins/.  Might be worth a try.  I reckon with the plugin in
either netscrape or mozilla plugins dir, Konqueror should pick it up.