On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:54:57 -0500, Jerry Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:41:01 -0600
"Richard Babcock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2003-01-07-022-26-OS-KE-SW
I've never had a mac so i can't compare there, but i can say that, on my machine at least, Konqueror is markedly faster than mozilla. Maybe the previous mac browsers were bulky and slow? Perhaps someone else here using OS X could give us some input, I'd be interested to learn ;) And perhaps they've found a way to improve on the code and make it faster.
IE and Mozilla (and Opera) are pretty sluggish and uninspiring under OS X; you have to spend money on one of iCab (www.icab.de) or OmniWeb (www.omnigroup.com) to get something with a bit of zing. (That said, IE is a very different beast from Windows' IE; it has consistently had different features and presentation).

Safari is potentially very impressive, and I'm pretty sure the iCab and Omniweb people will be cursing its existence ;)

Apparently - according to the KDE CVS notes - Apple brought _huge_ performance and stability improvements to Konqueror's rendering engine because, for all its faults, it has technically excellent employees; the challenge now is retrofitting them to Konqueror:

http://members.shaw.ca/dkite/jan102003.html

Alastair