H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

Robin,
Do your friends a favour and get the freeduc cd or .iso image.
That'll really make 'm feel stupid once they've seen the ease of that.
Oh yeah, the kids'll love for it!

http://www.ofset.org for more info

and

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ofset/freeduc-cd-1.1.iso?download

It looks promising, though there doesn't seem to be much there at the moment which isn't already on Knoppix (I'm also more interested in university-level software). At the moment we have no CD-ROMs in our computers, but we should be getting three or four soon, so I can impress/annoy people by booting up Knoppix when I'm not on my Linux box!

Sir Robin