On Wednesday 15 January 2003 10:53 pm, Josenildo Marques
wrote:
> How can I change the CD-ROM so that it works with SCSI
> emulation together with the CD-writer ?
>
> The line is lilo.conf is as follows:
>
> append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi quiet"
>
> The CD-ROM is hdd. It seems stupid, but the fact is that
> I don't have the faintest idea how to add it. Would it
> be with an &?  :-)
>
> Thanks.

Just swap the hdc=ide-scsi with hdd=scsi in the append
line, and THEN (as root) run the command *lilo*.

Or, in case you have two CD-drives ( for example a
CD-reader and a CD-writer ) change it to :

append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi quiet"
which is what I have. Works fine in all respects.
And - after editing *lilo.conf* - THEN (as root) run
*lilo*.

You can confirm the changes by watching the output from
lilo, and then (as root) run *cdrecord --scanbus*.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich
Denmark.