On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 10:09 pm, Russ wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 13:54, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 9:44 pm, Russ wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I am still not able to use my printer.
> >
> > First before uninstalling, are you sure it is not already working? If you
> > try printing from any KDE application like KWord you will see a drop down
> > list of available printers. Is yours listed?
>
> Yes it is but nothing happens when I choose to print. The status says it
> is idle and accepting jobs but no worky. That printer is now the only
> reason I boot into windows (when I need to print something). If I can
> get that booger working I can make the jump finally (so close). If
> nobody has any other suggestions I think I am going to uninstall the
> whole deal and try it again.

Have you tried installing a printer (you can do this without touching the
current installation) from Mandrake Control Centre?  If your model is not
listed (and I gather it won't be) just chose the one that you have been
recommended to use.  There is an advanced tag.  I would open that.  If there
are alternative drivers they will be listed.  If there are, go on installing
printers, taking each of those drivers in turn.  Hopefully one of them will
work for you.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302