On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 22:27, tuija wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm totally new with Linux and it probably shows too :-)
> I finally managed to fetchmail, by reading man fetchmail :-)
> Now I try to send mail also and when I type to:
> mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> it asks subject, I wrote like test,
> and then I could write letter, but howto
> quit writing and send?
> What is the right command? Would I have
> to do any mailsystem conf before it will send?
> At least this Kmail client can send with either
> using sendmail or smtp, I don't know how it can
>  be possible, ain't sendmail config should be difficult?
>
> Thank you advance
>  Tuija

I'm not sure I understand what you're really doing, but it seems to me
that you're doing everything from a terminal/console - instead of using
the GUI mail clients - like Evolution, Kmail, Sylpheed, Balsa and the
likes...

Fetchmail is generally setup by running "fetchmailconf" - a GUI to
assist in creating a ".fetchmailrc" in your ~/home/yourname directory.
This then spools the mail you get from whoever your ISP mail comes from
- then you would use Evolution or Kmail (or whatever) to
read/reply/create mail - which then gets sent to either Postfix or
Sendmail for processing - then it gets sent out...

Playing around in a term with sendmail is very "tricky" at best...

--
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:25:01 +1100
  6:25am  up 6 days, 16:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.11, 0.29

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours!
(Adapted from Pat Paulsen by Joe Sloan)