On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:03, qhwang wrote:
> I don't know whether this is a discussed problem here. My laptop suffers
> from strange network slow down recently. The switch shows my network card
> is a 100 MB one but when I download something the bandwidth is about
> several hundreds bytes per second, while other computer in the same lab
> around 10 KB/s. My laptop worked well weeks ago. I install a Madrake 8.1
> within my laptop.  How could I fix it? Many thanks.
> QingHua.

Make sure you have the correct entries for each host in /etc/hosts.
Incorrect entries here can cause the network to slow down considerably.
Other than that, hopefully someone more knowledgeable on networks can help
you with this one.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today