On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:39, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 19:28, Sharrea wrote:
> > I use quasar (from http://www.linuxcanada.com) which is very similar to
> > MYOB, however I don't think data can be imported from quickbooks.
> >
> > "The Quasar base package is available for use on a single computer free
> > of charge."
> >
> > I found quasar much easier to use than gnucash - mainly because gnucash
> > is strictly double-entry.
> >
> > Quasar is excellent software AFAIAC!

> Hmmmm....similar to MYOB? I might have to ditch MYOB...getting sick of
> the updates/upgrades...and it's clunky...and it runs under Windblows...
> (Then I'll be down to TWO apps that I have to run under M$ - Photoshop
> and Illustrator)

The reports aren't as good as in MYOB, but that may be due to the fact that
I haven't figured out how to obtain the ones I'm after, especially for GST.

Nevertheless, I like quasar so much that I'm going to buy the base package
to help support it.

Oh yeah, and initially I had problems trying to write an invoice because I
hadn't setup the tenders (cash, charge, direct credit, etc) in Setup >
System > Tenders, but asking on their website bulletin board got a quick
reply from one of the developers.  A nice polite reply to the bargain, just
like you get from this list  ;-)

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today