>Um, can't even begin to think of a reason, other than a loose connection
>somewhere. If you've looked at all the internals, maybe there's a probelm
>with the power cable?

I suspect some loose connection 'somewhere'. The stranger it becomes: when
the thing shuts down, there is still power (led on mainboard stays on as do
the leds on both NICs).

>But tell me, just why on earth did you try booting it on its side??! Or was
>it just an accident?

Yes, that happened by accident. I got up and accidentally leaned on the side
of the machine and 'click'. And it is still running (uptime 22 hrs).
This PC is over 1.5 years old and the problems only started some months
ago...
That beats and bites.

Thanks for the tips
Paul

--
We must believe in luck.
For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?

http://nlpagan.net - Linux by Mandrake - Sylpheed by Hiro