I've been trying to create a proper SSL key for https instead of the
test one that's put in place during the install.  I found some mod_ssl
docs in /var/www/html/addon-modules/mod_ssl-2.8.10, but something's not
quite jiving.

If you check out
/var/www/html/addon-modules/mod_ssl-2.8.10/ssl_faq.html it tells after
you've created your new key, to edit your httpd.conf
(/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and add the following lines:

       SSLCertificateFile /path/to/SSL_key.crt
       SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/SSL_key.key

I found this on some other docs I found online, but when I restart
HTTPD, there's a problem:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 15 of httpd.conf:  Invalid command
'SSLCertificateFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

Are the docs just wrong?  Or was this not built into mod_ssl for
Mandrake Apache?

Here's what apache RPMs I have installed, and mod_ssl version:

# rpm -qa | grep apache
apache-devel-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-conf-1.3.26-3mdk
apache-modules-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-mod_perl-1.3.26_1.27-7mdk
apache-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-common-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-source-1.3.26-6.1mdk
apache-suexec-1.3.26-2mdk
apache-manual-1.3.26-6.1mdk
# rpm -qa | grep mod_ssl
mod_ssl-2.8.10-5.1mdk

All of which, I'm pretty sure are up to date.  What do I need to do use
this key I've created?  Or heck, where's there current key placed?
Perhaps I'll just move my server.crt and server.key into their places
and use those.

Any help is always appreciated.  Thanks!
tdh

 T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091