When I start KDE, from the graphic login screen, it takes 1:10-1:15 before I
get to the KDE splash screen, then another 1:00 on just the loading
peripherals section.  Everything else seems to load fairly quickly.  Gnome is
about as slow, but I haven't timed it.  IceWM and WindowMaker load in just a
few seconds.
        Is there any way I can generate a log file showing each item loaded with the
time so I can see where the delay is?  Anyone with another suggestion?  I use
IceWM most of the time, but some things just seem to work better on KDE or
gnome.

        Fred