On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 11:00, Jerry Barton wrote:
> I'm going to switch from using KDE to using Fluxbox but I have a few questions on
>configuration...
> Could someone refer me to a site (or if you're patient, email me off-list) that will
>show me how to configure:
> menus
> startup progams
> background
> what the 'slit' is and how to use it
>
> looking for a site that's fairly well explained.  I've googled a bit and see
>instructions like "just go in and edit /whatever/file" without really explaining what
>to do.  I'd like to switch to something a little more light weight without losing a
>lot of functions.  I don't really need a full desktop environment but It would be
>nice to know how to add something like a "Run Command" item to a menu, how to add a
>couple (not many) desktop shortcuts if possible, use something like a dock (from what
>i can tell this is what the 'slit' is), etc.
>
> TIA!
>
> Jerry.

I got a great proggie offa Freshmeat.net - called genmenu - it generates
menu stuctures for Enlightenment, Fluxbox (and others) - and as well,
with Fluxbox there is a proggie called Fluxconf that does the innards
for ya. Using them in conjunction with each other definitely makes for
wonderful usage overall. I don't always like hacking through
configuration files when I have too much work to do elsewhere, and that
was my resolution to the issue. Beautiful work for Enlightenment as well
- skads kul!

S.
--
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:05:01 +1100
 11:05am  up 14:02,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.20, 0.21

Things past redress and now with me past care.
                -- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"