On Friday 31 Jan 2003 5:23 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2003 05:24 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > As root edit /etc/sysconfig/network and manually remove the GATEWAY
> > entry. Reboot the machine and the DNS resolution should start working ok.
> >
> > ps there are full details in the archives somewhere (errata)
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne, I've got this in my /etc/sysconfig/network file:
>
> GATEWAY=
> GATEWAYDEV=ppp0

Can't comment on that.  Mine is adsl over lan with a router, so quite
different.

> and it works fine. I had to do this since Mandrake always complains during
> installation that I've configure multiple ways to connect to the Internet.
> (I've got an external modem and LAN card).
>
> Also, you don't have to reboot. You can do (as su) a:
>
> service network restart
>
>  :-)

I guess that's why he said re-boot, but your way would be just as good, but
perhaps not as 'intuitive' for a newbie?

intuitive - inn-too-it-iv - adj: relative to the windows way of doing thing.
Origin u.s.a., late 20c.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302