On Friday 31 January 2003 11:27 am, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Given the amount of traffic and passion related over the last few days
> concerning things totally off topic where Mandrake Linux is concerned
> has led me to a place where I'm willing to try an experiment of sorts.
>
> I've created a mailing list for anyone here on the newbie and expert
> lists where they can freely talk about all the off topic stuff they have
> a need for. The link to sign up is below.

Mark,

Sounds great!  I had to do a similar thing myself for the Northern Colorado
Linux Users Group.  I, and others were sending through Linux jobs as we found
them, and some people became irate and considered it off-topic, so i put up a
jobsite to appease them and still keep others informed of Linux and open
source positions in the area.  It has worked very well.  Good Luck with your
effort.
--
Michael Lewis
Nichestaffing.com

"The Israelite army looked at Goliath and said,  he's so big we can't
 possibly win.  David looked at Goliath and said, wait a minute, he's
 so big I can't miss"