At 04:18 PM 2/4/2003 -0900, you wrote:
On Tuesday 04 February 2003 08:38 pm, BCSoft wrote:
> Greetings,
> Just bought (on impulse -- damn) an Athalon K7SEM mb by some generic vendor
> at a recent computer show. It's working (dual boot W98/ML9) but not without
> some trials. I'm wondering if the all-in-one type of board has more
> problems than the add-a-card. Rich

OK  I have run the ASUS A7N266-VM with no problems, and full acceleration off
a Mandrake Prosuite DVD installation (8.2).  I have put together a few
computers using 630 and 730 SiS chipsets (both all-in-one) and have had only
minor problems (for me) in installation, but no problems at all with 9.0 or
9.1Beta3.

I am looking for a K7SEM with a socketed 24-Pin DIP BIOS installed.  The one
with edge-grip BIOS is useless to me.  Why?  Well, I have a package adapted
from the Linux BIOS project with linux kernel, vi, nano, Python, GTK+ and
FramebufferX (not to mention ROX) and I have a 32M DiskOnChip in a 24 pin
DIP.  Booting once with Linux, loading the build I have, then hotswapping the
BIOS chip for the DiskOnChip and Flashing my package into BIOS, I have a
useful system that boots in less than 5 seconds and can then bring in
whatever else it needs from HD at leisure while I am already looking at a
nice desktop.
So thats why you wanted that BIOS Flash page translated! Heh, had I but known. Oh well.. still want it? If yes, just re-email me the link & i'll get it done this week. I'll promise that Civilme. I'm just sorry I didn't get to it the first time. I feel so guilty.

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert