On Thursday 06 Feb 2003 12:36 pm, Brian Parish wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 03:37, civileme wrote:
> > Ummm if you do multisession CDs, only the drive that is making them can
> > read them until you have closed all sessions and fixated the disk.  That
> > is the way it works.
> >
> > Civileme
>
> Wow!  This is the first (maybe last) time I have to take issue with
> something from Civileme.

I just found the only multi-session cd I ever wrote (as an experiment), which
is unfixated.  It does only have one write on it, so I don't know whether
that is relevant.  It was written by Nero 5 (can't remember which point
revision).

I put it into a laptop with winme.  The files are large bitmaps (7.2MB) and
the read was painfully slow, but they did read.

Civileme's understanding is the same as mine was.  I wonder if that is because
there was a limitation that has been overcome by later writer software or
maybe even hardware?  It certainly _was_ true.  I remember a time when
essential files were required during a rebuild.  They had been written
multisession by EZcdcreator, and they were unreadable until EZ had been
reinstalled.  This was a couple of years or so ago.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302