-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Greg Meyer
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] RAM Questions

On Saturday 08 February 2003 12:44 pm, Russ wrote:
> okay, I do have onboard video but I have an agp video card installed. I
> wonder is MD is getting confused? (it did fined my agp card though).
> Anyway, next time I install MD I will look at the ram and see what it is
> seeing.
>
> I am experimenting with various configurations with MD9 and RedHat 8.
There
> doesn't seem to be anything new or different in RH than MD so I am
> wondering why run two. Mandrake was by far easier to install.

RedHat 8.0 looks nicer at first glance than Mandrake 9.0 and a lot of people
find it better for that reason, but IMO, mandrake is far easier to configure
than Redhat for a desktop user.  8.0 was a nice first try, but RH still has
work to do.

--
Greg

I believe that is precisely why PC Magazine recently gave the Editor's
Choice Award to Mandrake over Red Hat.  In doing a little research, Mandrake
will also run the GUI in 64 MB of RAM where the latest version of Red Hat
needs 128 MB.  That's a concern if you are setting up an older machine for
learning or testing.  My Pentium 200 MMX runs Mandrake 9.0 just fine,
although slow while in the GUI.  People have commented how fast my Apache
server is, though!  When I use SSH to get to a remote command line, I don't
believe you could ever tell it was only a P-200 (for common tasks, anyway).

I'm happy.  :-)

Regards,
Marlo Montanaro
CNE
Registered Linux User 303184

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't."