Tom Brinkman wrote:
On Monday February 10 2003 09:33 am, Mark wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Tom Brinkman wrote:

 Or simply 'rpm -Uvh j2re-1.4.1_01-5mdk.i586.rpm' does it all.
                                    ^^^
HI Tom,

that method has never worked for me. I don't think that package
likes me much. which is why I just started unpacking the contents
into /usr/java, and then making symlinks from /usr/java/bin to
/usr/bin.

- --
Mark

Yes, I believe Anne and a few others had the same comments. I dunno why, it's Sun's java packaged by Mandrake to put all the files in the right places for any Mandrake system to find and use them. I can only conjecture that some of y'all have mucked around in your systems and they are no longer Mandrake compliant.
Tom! I'm shocked! Me? muck around in my system? why I'd never think of doing such a thing. ;)

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996