On Sunday 23 February 2003 05:44, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 15:29, LeaAnne Kolp wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 February 2003 11:30 pm, Yoel P. Krigsman wrote:
> > You should try Evolution by Ximini. I had Evolution running on mine
> > and it was better than outlook.
> >
> > I wanted something different so I switched to KMail :)
> >
> > Welcome to Linux! :)
> >
> > LeaAnne
>
> XIMIAN - sorry, didn't mean to correct your spelling - oh wait, YES I
> DID! (grin)
>
> Evo rocks KMail to death. Hate to start another "emacs vs. vi" war, but
> overall, especially in dealing with a productivity point of view,
> Evolution leaves KMail not just in the dust, but the gutter as well...
>
> (Go ahead y'all - flame me! I'll just start a "Gnome vs. KDE" thread or
> another "emacs vs. vi" thread - hehehhehehehe - very evil grin)
>
> Cheers! Happy Weekend!

Heh, you could've started a nice rumble again on the html versus plain text
mails=;o)

Personally evo's gui gives me a sort of 'cooped up' feeling like netscape
always did as a browser.
I like the crisp and open feel of kmail and last but certainly not least:
Sylpheed is wonderful on lower spec laptops because it fires up so quickly
when using other desktops like xfce or icewm.
It just takes a few secs to have it up and running contary to almost half a
minute for evo, kmail and mozilla.

Very nice if you've just connected with a very expensive foreign
gsm-connection and discover you forgot to start the mailclient before
connecting. A definite $-saver for me=:o)

Good luck,
HarM