Terry Sheltra wrote:
I'm gonna be one of the oddballs here .. ;)

I use Mozilla as my email client, and I like it a lot. Kmail was good for a while, but I just grew bored of it. Evolution, I always had problems initially setting up my IMAP account. Could never get the mailboxes to show up, but after that, it wasn't always the most stable, as it would frequently crash on me. Ok, I'm ready for my chinese water torture! ;-)

I've had a similar experience. Started with Netscape 4.* as there wasn't else around at the time, and I was familiar with it from my Windows days. I changed to KMail when I started using KDE as my desktop, but I missed the option to leave mail on the server but delete it when it's deleted on the mail client (very useful when your reading mail on several machines). I tried Evolution for a while but had problems getting my STMP server to play nice with it, so changed to Mozilla, and found I liked it a lot better than the old Netscape, with the result that I now use it as my main browser as well.

Another reason I like Mozilla is that it's cross-platform. I've installed it on all our Windows machines, so I can sit down and check my mail in a familiar environment wherever I am. It also means that other users who need to use our Linux box don't have to wrestle with an unfamiliar mail-client/browser.

Sir Robin

-- "The raisins may be the best part of a cake, but that doesn't mean that a bag of raisins is better than a cake." - Wittgenstein

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533