On Sunday 23 February 2003 03:17 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 02:02, Digdaya Panelindo wrote:
> > I very interested with matrix screensaver on Redhat Linux. where
> > is the right place i can find it. and maybe all off you have
> > another way to installed this. thanks for your help
> >
> > Teddy Widhi Laksono
>
> It's part of the screensavers for KDE...so if you've got KDE, you
> should have it already...

not if it's installed with mdk rpm.  They took it out long ago - it
was gone in 7.2 I think.

i read where one guy took the redhat kdeartwork (I think it was) src
rpm and rebuilt it for his system and it worked and got back the
matrix and some other pretty cool ones too.  He had to cp over parts
of applnk to applnk-mdk.  I think I read that in the forums at
pclinuxonline if you want to try and hunt it up.

I also read there where this other guy linked to the xscreensavers
when he compiled up kdeartwork from kde sources adn got all those
listed in there too!  sounds neato.  :P

l8r,
-s