I have Konqueror 3.1 on my 233MhZ laptop, and to be honest it does not appear
noticeably any faster than Konqueror 3.0 on that machine. Opera 6.03 is
considerably faster. But then *all* KDE applications struggle on that
machine.

I have tried Opera7B1 on my 850MHz desktop, and it is blisteringly fast. Much
faster than Opera6.03, which itself was faster than konqueror3.0 or any other
browser.
I have not tried konqueror3.1 on that machine yet.

As for compliance I guess you mean rendering 'non-compliant' web pages :-)
Too early to say yet, but it has already rendered one page I use that Opera6
choked on.

Other peoples experience may differ, but I am already wondering if I can put
up with the occasional crash and use Opera7 as my primary browser.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net