Anne Wilson wrote:

On Thursday 27 Feb 2003 6:05 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

OK , I attatch the file for everone

John

John, I'm really confused by this. First, I don't understand where Gentoo comes into the equation? You give the Gentoo url, then say download the iso from the partimage website.

On the partimage website I could not see what you were recommending to download.

There is an rpm for partimage on the distro, so what made you choose to download another?

Having installed the rpm from Mandrake, I could quite happily use it as it stands, *except* that I can't see how the bootable image disk is made, and without it I can't see a restore being possible.

I'm used to DriveImage, so I understand the process - I just can't see how it fits together with PartImage.

Anne

http://www.partimage.org/download.php3
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/1.4_rc2/x86/x86/livecd/gentoo-basic-x86-1.4_rc2.iso

This download site is always busy, so chuck it into d4x and get
it ti do a mirror search and choose one of them. I found several
only just at the moment d4x seems unable to find any

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]