-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of magnet
Sent: Wednesday, 5 March 2003 5:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Twin head--but not

On Tuesday 04 Mar 2003 8:42 pm, Miark wrote:
> When I install Mandrake (any release) I choose the video card it selects
> (SiS 5597) and then I get a message that says, "Your system supports
> multiple head configuration. What do you want to do?" And it gives me the
> following choices:
>
> Configure only card "Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]|5597 [SiS5582]"
> (PCI:0:0:0) Configure only card "Silicon Integrated Systems
[SiS]|5597/5598
> VGA" (PCI:0:20:0)
>
> There's only one card in there, and there's only one VGA port on the card,
> but either choice works.
>
> This isn't a problem, but I'm curious as to what's going on.
>
> Miark
 I may be wrong here, but doesn't "twin head" refer to running 2 monitors
from
the one card. AFAIK the GeForce Ti range have this capability but I've never
looked into it yet.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
--
magnet

Registered Linux User: 281659
5 x [EMAIL PROTECTED] running Mandrake 9.0.
1 x [EMAIL PROTECTED] running Windows 2000 Profressional
1 x [EMAIL PROTECTED] laptop running Windows ME

"My home is over-run with penguins that like a warm environment!"