On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Does anyone know if Linnux supports multiprocessors? I
> am planning on getting Dual Celeron system...

Very much so. Typically, as you install it, it will
automatically detect the multi-processor setup. However, if
you install it BEFORE having both processors, you will have
to manually install the SMP kernel afterwards.
> Also.. I have a Gateway Vivitron 1572
>15inch monitor.. it's not listed in the Xconfig's monitor
> list. Will this have an effect on Xserver? I chose so
> many different ones (including the closest one - Gateway
> Vivitron 15inch) but none of them work. I tried going
> to gateway's site and look up refresh rates (they're
> all aroun 60-70 Hz but did not list
> horizontal/vertical refresh rates).

You may have to choose a fairly "safe" set of refresh rates
and experiment until you find the right settings. Other
than that, you're on your own. The system I have is a
"generic" 17" monitor that I swapped for a "generic" 15"
monitor....no X changes required. Probably because I chose
some "generic" settings.
        John