-----Original Message-----
From: lalala lalala

>Does anyone know if Linnux supports multiprocessors? I
>am planning on getting Dual Celeron system...

Yes, multiprocessors are supported in the 2.2.x kernels.   I saw one demoed
at a Linux Users Group meeting w/ Red Hat install.

>Also.. I have a Gateway Vivitron 1572 15inch monitor..
>it's not listed in the Xconfig's monitor list. Will
>this have an effect on Xserver? I chose so many
>different ones (including the closest one - Gateway
>Vivitron 15inch) but none of them work. I tried going
>to gateway's site and look up refresh rates (they're
>all aroun 60-70 Hz but did not list
>horizontal/vertical refresh rates).
>
>Can anyone help me with these two? Thanx.

I have had luck with emailing or calling the support #s w/ other companies.
Normally manufacturers.   Try that, explain that you are installing Linux
and would like more monitor info.   Tell them that you wouldn't have
called, but the info was not on the site.   Be sure to use professional,
appropriate language in your communication to keep good relations for all
Linux users.   Write me personally if you need further assist.  I have a
sugared pen.
Good Luck,
Brian