Tsur, Oren wrote:

Hi I wonder if anyone can help a confused newbie... :o<

In the hardware preferences list, my cd-writer is listed of SCSI bus.
On the other hand my normal cd-rom (dvd rom) is of IDE bus.

Needles to say this question arises as I can not seem to be able to write to
my cd-writer.

Oren Tsur

Well Oren,

You don't give much information about your setup. It would
help to know whether your writer is in the 1st or second ide line,
whether configured master or slave, and make and model, or what
programme you are trying to use it under.

First , type in a terminal,

cdrecord -scanbus and report the result.

this will list where the writer is listed on the bus.

your writer has tobe  listed in /etc/fstab to be mounted correctly,
it would be a good idea to report what you have there.

You also need to report the append line in /etc/lilo.conf

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]