From: Anne Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 March 2003 15:32
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] mounting my cd-writer

On Monday 17 Mar 2003 2:47 pm, Tsur, Oren wrote:

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help a confused newbie... :o<

In the hardware preferences list, my cd-writer is listed of SCSI bus.
On the other hand my normal cd-rom (dvd rom) is of IDE bus.

Needles to say this question arises as I can not seem to be able to write
to my cd-writer.
OR..... is there something else I am supposed to do before I can write to
my burner. Any explicit instructions will be very gratefully excepted.

Oh, a small p.s. - I added myself to the cdwriter group and the root group
but that did not make a difference.

Oren Tsur

Hi, Oren. Your burner needs to be scsi-emulated, whereas your dvd doesn't,
so everything looks OK there.

What method are you using to try to burn? If you start XCDroast and get up the config screen, does it recognise your burner?

Anne

Run X-CD-Roast as root first and save the settings. Then try it as a normal user. Within X-CD-Roast, you can allow all users to burn cd's.

-- Jose [EMAIL PROTECTED] Registered Mandrake, Redhat and SuSE user Don't make me come down there -God